fredag 19 juni 2009

Cake.

Nu ska ni få följa med på dagens tårtäventyr.
Join me in todays cake adventure.

Först receptet.
Firstly the recipe.

Ingredienser marängbottnarna/ ingredients for the meringue.
  • 8 äggvitor /eggs whites
  • 8 små droppar ättika/ 8 small drops of vinegar
  • 6 socker/ sugar
  • 8 dl rice crispies /puffed rice cereals

Ingredienser till gul kräm mellan bottnarna /ingredients for the yellow cream between the meringues.
  • 8 äggulor /egg yolks
  • 2 dl socker / sugar
  • 2 dl grädde / cream
  • 250 gr smör / grams of butter
Garnering / garnish
  • vispad grädde / whipped cream
  • dina favoritfrukter och bär / your favourite berries and fruits

Börja med att separera de åtta äggen.
Start with separating the eggs.

Starta ugnen på 125 grader.
Start the oven on 125 celsius.

Vispa vitorna i en bunke till ett hårt hårt skum.
Beat the egg whites 'til it's a hard white foam.


Blanda i ättikan och sockret, fortsätt vispa tills allt är väl blandat.
Add the sugar and vinegar. Keep beating until it's well mixed.

Vänd i rice crispies. Försiktigt så du inte krossar kuddarna.
Fold in the cereal. Careful so you don't crush the cereal.


Ta fram två plåtar, på med bakplåtspapper och smöra pappret. Tro mig, man behöver både hängslen och livrem.
Take out two baking trays, on with the paper and be sure to butter it. Yes, you'll need both paper and butter. Believe you me.

Ställ in båda plåtarna samtidigt. Över och undervärme. Byt plats på dem efter ca 30 minuter. Ungefär 45-50 minuter tar det innan de är klara och redo att tas ut.
Put both trays in at the same time. Switch places after about 30 minutes. After about 45-50 minutes they're done.

Nu gör vi krämen som ska mellan bottnarna. Ta fram grädde, socker, smör och äggulorna. I grytan och låt det ganska sakta börja koka. Rör hela tiden annars bränner det fast och smakar bäver. Låt det svalna och ställ sedan in i kylen. Måste vara kall innan man lägger den på botten.
Let's make the yellow cream for the middle of the cake. Take out the cream, egg yolks, sugar and butter. Let it slowly come to a boil. Stir the whole time, if it burns in the bottom it's uselss and tastes like ****. Let it cool a bit and the put it in the fridge. It needs to be cold before it goes on the cake.


Ta ut bottnarna. Nu är det jätteviktigt att man direkt stjälper upp marängerna på ett bakgaller och tar bort pappret, annars så stelnar dem inte utan blir bara ett segt gegg som inte är speciellt aptitligt. Lita på vad jag säger, jag gjorde misstaget själv idag, så jag fick börja om från början med tårtan!
When you take the meringues out it's really important you put them on a grid and remove the paper straight away. Otherwise it wont get dry and hard, but soggy and not very apetizing, trust me, I did just that today and had to start all over with my cake!

När bottnarna stelnat och krämen kallnat är det bara att kleta krämen på bottenplattan, lägga den andra ovanpå, lägg ett lager med vispad grädde ovan på den och på med dina favoritbär och frukter. Tadaa!
When the meringue has become crisp and stiff and the yellow cream is cold it's time to put it all together. Take the bottom meringue and spread the yellow cream on it, put the top meringue on and spread a layer of whipped cream on it. To finish it off, top it with your favourite berries and fruits. Ta daa!



Det här, mina vänner, är himmelriket på en tallrik.
This my friends is heaven on a plate!

Have a nice evening!
Linn Ekholm





4 kommentarer:

MissRedLips sa...

oh dear, my mouth is actually watering after reading your post! i can only imagine what it tastes like- a little slice of heaven?! i think so!

have a wonderful weekend!

xo,
MissRedLips

Make Me Up sa...

thank you! I can promise you, it IS a slice of heaven =0)

Calories do taste good! haha!

a nice weekend to you too! <3

xoxo Linn

Emma sa...

I make half the batch and cut the meringue in two, that way I don't have to use two pans and switch places in the oven and all that stuff. (Every single time I try an act even remotely close to that, I fail miserably, so I've taken that variable out of the equation when baking nowadays =D Older and wiser, haha.) Plus it saves me a lot of eggs, which I need for the custard/butter/calorie creme in the middle, as I always manage to boil it too hard, so the egg yokes coagulate, at least once every time I make this stupid cake!

I make a chocolate cream in the middle though, with yokes, cream/milk, wheat flour and cocoa powder in the pan, and then beat in butter, icing sugar and vanilla sugar when the creme has cooled.

Anyways, what I really wanted to say was that I bake my meringue at 150 degrees celsius, approximately 45 to 50 mins, and that cools off in the pan just fine. But then yours looks more like meringue and less like a dried-out riverbed than mine, haha.

But my philosophy is "everything looks great covered in whipped cream!" Surprisingly applicable to many aspects of life, by the way. =D

Make Me Up sa...

Emma, I have a long reply for you, but now I just sigh one of my content-sighs and just sum everything up by saying: I love you!

ps, everything does look good when covered in whipped cream ;0) (wink wink!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin