lördag 1 augusti 2009

Today has been all about food.

Indeed my day has been all about food. I went to the forest, ended up walking around there for two hours. It was so nice! All alone in the woods, just me and the birds. And ants, mosquitos, flies and.... so on and so forth. But it was really nice! (however I am glad I took my trusted wellies, it's so darn wet in the forest from all this raining!)

I found some chantarells, which actually was why I went up there in the first place, and I also picked blueberries. I must admit I do get slightly panicy when I wander around there, there's just so much blueberries! It's like wading in a blue stream! At one point I looked up and was kind of lost. I had wandered for so long without looking up, so it took me a few minutes before I knew where I was.  (And for the record I didn't find any Karl-Johan mushrooms (don't know the english name) either, so Madeleine, you need to share!) Here's proof I didn't just eat the blueberries, I actually brought some home!

Anyhow when I got home I was really in this harvesting mood, so I picked some black currant in our garden. I ended up making a batch of cordial. Here's what it looks like.

Black currant.

In the pot it goes. Look at that colour!


A new sifting cloth. All white and nice.

Not so white anymore.

Tadaa, the first glass of the finished product.

And a nice evening snack, yoghurt with blueberries.

Have a nice sunday!
/Linn

ps. tomorrow I'll announce this weekends blog trophy.

5 kommentarer:

mandelen sa...

Jadå, jag skickar med samma bud som sist ;-D

Make Me Up sa...

gött!!

Emma sa...

Mmmmmmmmmmums! =D
Jag har förresten precis handlat av Hemglassbilen, jihooo! Min favoritglass Sundborn Punsch blev det. Två kartonger =)

Lady Thirty sa...

mumsigt :D

Make Me Up sa...

Emma, haha! you totally deserve it!

Lady T, japp det blev superbra! =0)

puss på er!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin